Self Care Spiritual Growth
Ep. 15 || When Quiet Times Aren't Quiet: How Moms Make Time to Study God's WordMay 11, 2016
Motherhood is loud. With days full of urgent needs, it can be difficult to complete any task, not to mention the challenge of finding a ti...
* In this show, we talk about our new jingle - we've since updated all previous episodes for consistency.
Blog Posts, Articles and Books:
- Bible Study and Motherhood: Is it possible? - Melissa Krueger
- Your Quiet Time Should Change You - Jen Wilkin (audio)
- When Toddlers "Interrupt" Your Quiet Time - GraceAnna Castleberry
- Motherhood vs. Your Quiet Time - Lee Stewart
- Unveiling Quiet Time Myths - Life Lived Beautifully
- Sometimes "Quiet" Time Isn't Quiet - Gloria Furman
- Why You Shouldn't Read Your Bible (and why you should) - Sara Wallace
Bible Study Tools and Resources:
- Making Time for Jesus (when you have little kids)
- On Finding a Good Bible Study
- Bring Them Alongside You
- The Supreme Treasure of Christ
- Holding Tightly to the Gospel
- For the Weary Mom: When the days are long and it doesn't matter that the years are short
- The One Thing I Hope My Children Learn From Me
- The Fight For (and against) Mom's Self-Care
- Dropping Morning Nap and Introducing Crib Time
- God Honors the Fight: When You Feel Like Giving Up
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. These are huge for us! The more reviews, the greater chance another mother will find us.
- Like Risen Motherhood on Facebook and follow on Twitter for the latest updates and related information.
- Let us know your thoughts! We'd love to hear more about the conversations you're having. Shoot us an email, or find us on on social media.
- Tell others. We truly hope this podcast fosters conversations and deeper discussions between mothers to seek the gospel in their daily activities - we'd be honored if you shared and encouraged others to listen in.