Heart Issues Thriving
Ep. 24 || Joy in MotherhoodJuly 20, 2016
When the days are long, the tantrums are continuous, the sleep is lacking, and the mess abounds; the call to motherhood can feel daunting....
Mentioned on the Show:
- Free Printable by Give it Pretty: "This Job" by Elisabeth Elliot (5x7)
- All of our free printables
- Quiet Time Episode | Ep. 15
- Val Marie Paper Gratitude Journal
- Finding Nemo "Just keep swimming!" (Skip to 1:34)
- "If everlasting joys were more in your thoughts, spiritual joys would abound more in your hearts." - Richard Baxter
- Jesus and the Journey to Joy: A Six-Part Study w/John Piper - Desiring God
- How Eternity Shapes Our Mundane - Gloria Furman
- 3 Hangups that Steal the Joy from Motherhood - The Purposeful Mom
- From Grouchy to Great: Finding Joy in the Journey of Motherhood - The Better Mom Team
- 3 Secrets to Joy in Motherhood - Val Marie Paper
- How a Mom Fights for Joy - Interview with Jani Ortlund on Revive Our Hearts
- The Season of Motherhood Part 1 - Interview with Melissa Krueger on Revive Our Hearts
Emily's Blog Posts:
- One Question for Frustrated Moms: Where am I finding my joy?
- Are you feeling discontent as a SAHM?
- When Mommy Loves Jesus More (For the Church)
- To the Mom Having a Bad Day
- When Motherhood Feels Overwhelming
- When You Doubt God's Goodness (enCourage)
- Hope for the Mom With a Toddler and a Baby
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. These are huge for us! The more reviews, the greater chance another mother will find us.
- Like Risen Motherhood on Facebook and follow on Twitter for the latest updates and related information.
- Let us know your thoughts! We'd love to hear more about the conversations you're having. Shoot us an email, or find us on on social media.
- Tell others. We truly hope this podcast fosters conversations and deeper discussions between mothers to seek the gospel in their daily activities - we'd be honored if you shared and encouraged others to listen in.
Next Podcast: Trusting God With Your Birth Plan