the RISEN MOTHERHOOD BLOG || OPEN SUBMISSIONS
Welcome! For the first time ever, RM is opening the blog for guest submissions from mommas all over the world! We couldn't be more excited to be doing this, and we're grateful for your interest and willingness to serve the community with your time and words. Below you'll find more information about what we're looking for and what guidelines your posts must meet in order to be considered for publication. Our submissions form will be open from May 23-29, 2018.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- New and published writers (You do not need to be published elsewhere to be considered!) We're looking for moms who can clearly articulate and apply gospel truth to daily motherhood in a way that fosters hope and dependence on Christ alone.
- Diversity of experience including but not limited to: cultural upbringings/backgrounds, socioeconomic status, age, geographic locations, etc.
- Original pieces that have not been published elsewhere
- Solid theological content paired with the freedom in Christ, shared in a relatable way. Our ministry desires to tenderly come alongside women with sound biblical wisdom and encouragement in order to run the race with them in the pursuit of God's glory alone.
- Any topic related to the gospel and motherhood. Below are some of our most highly requested topics that have not yet been published on our blog:
- Intimacy in marriage
- Handling technology in the home
- Single motherhood
RM ARTICLE REQUIREMENTS
In order for your piece to be considered, it must meet our article requirements, listed below:
- 900-1,200 words
- Has a clear topical focus related to motherhood and the gospel
- Offers biblical hope, rather than practical tips (We recommend striving for about 70 percent gospel application from scripture and 30 percent personal storytelling.)
- Sound theological content which aligns with our statement of faith
- Scriptural support for truth and application woven into the piece
- Welcoming and relatable language that builds women up in biblical truth
- An original piece that has not been published elsewhere on the internet, including your personal blog
Please note: Our hope is to create the best content possible for our community by combining deep theological truths with a gentle tone in order to encourage a mom in any stage of her walk with Christ. Accepting your submission means our team may partner with you in the editing process to help strengthen your piece. To help you understand our preferred tone, style of writing, and balance between storytelling and gospel application, we highly recommend looking at the posts already published on the blog.
THE SUBMISSIONS FORM WILL BE OPEN ON THIS PAGE FROM MAY 23-29, 2018.
Please only submit your pieces through the submissions form. We are not accepting submissions via email.