These days, it's common to hear the call for moms to find a "tribe" where they belong. While there is great benefit in connecting with women who share similar circumstances, challenges, or life passions, is this where we're supposed to find our primary source of community? In this episode, Emily and Laura address the online "tribe" trend, and challenge moms to examine God's plan for community, which is rooted in the local church. There is no online ministry or common interest group that can replace the need for deep relationships among flesh-and-blood believers.
Related Articles & Resources:
- How to Find a Mentor in Motherhood - RM Blog
- Friendship & Motherhood || Ep. 58 - RM Show Archive
- When You Feel Alone || Ep. 10 - RM Show Archive
- Community Requires Vulnerability - Christine Hoover
- You Need Gospel Community - Brad Gray
- Communication & Community - Interview with Karen Loritts
- The One Thing You Need to Know in Order to Make Lasting Friendships - Christine Hoover
- Why Women's Ministry? - Kathleen Nielson
- Life Together - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. These are huge for us! The more reviews, the greater chance another mother will find us.
- Like Risen Motherhood on Facebook and follow on Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates and related information.
- Let us know your thoughts! We'd love to hear more about the conversations you're having. Shoot us an email, or find us on social media.
- Tell others. We truly hope this podcast fosters conversations and deeper discussions between mothers to seek the gospel in their daily activities - we'd be honored if you shared and encouraged others to listen in.
*Affiliate links used where appropriate. Thanks for supporting this ministry!