We know we should be grateful for the gifts God has given us in motherhood, but instead, we find ourselves battling discontentment, anxiety, and stress over our inability to keep up with even the simplest tasks. In this interview, author Hannah Anderson, talks about her book "Humble Roots," offering an opportunity for weary moms to rest as they accept their limitations and let God be God. She applies gospel-truth to challenging topics like postpartum body image, vocational or ministry calling, and dealing with the temptation to live for our ideal version of motherhood instead of God's plan for us. This conversation is candid, challenging, and leaves much to be considered...don't miss it!
More about Hannah Anderson & Her Writing:
- Humble Roots: How Humility Grounds and Nourishes Our Soul
- Made for More: An Invitation to Live in God's Image
- Sometimes a Light - Hannah's Blog / Website
- Persuasion Podcast - Hosted by Erin Straza and Hannah Anderson for Christ and Pop Culture
Related Articles & Resources:
- Trade the Toil for Rest in Motherhood - RM Blog
- I Never Wanted to Become a Desperate Mom - RM Blog
- How to Stay Focused on Your Own Family's Ministry and Giftings - RM Blog
- Freedom to be the Mom God Created You to be: Why Comparison Doesn't Work - RM Episode 18
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. These are huge for us! The more reviews, the greater chance another mother will find us.
- Like Risen Motherhood on Facebook and follow on Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates and related information.
- Let us know your thoughts! We'd love to hear more about the conversations you're having. Shoot us an email, or find us on social media.
- Tell others. We truly hope this podcast fosters conversations and deeper discussions between mothers to seek the gospel in their daily activities - we'd be honored if you shared and encouraged others to listen in.
*Affiliate links used where appropriate. Thanks for supporting this ministry!