When urgent needs and love for our littles abounds, it’s easy to become all-consumed by the role of motherhood. Without even realizing it, we can start to define ourselves by how we’re doing, letting our joy be found in the relative success of earthly ability instead of the secure anchor of the Savior. In this episode, Emily and Laura revisit the concept of identity and motherhood, encouraging moms to define themselves in Christ. As sinners, our success can’t be found in any earthly role or relationship, but only through our eternal hope in the Savior himself.
Articles & Resources:
- The Westminster Shorter Catechism - Online Version
- The New City Catechism- Kathy Keller
- Counterfeit Gods - Tim Keller
- Parenting: 14 Gospel Principles That Can Radically Change Your Family - Paul David Tripp
- Mom Enough - Multiple Collaborators (Desiring God)
- A Gospel Primer for Christians: Learning to See the Glories of God's Love- Milton Vincent
- Don't Turn Motherhood into an Idol - David Prince
- Recovering from Perfect Mom Syndrome - Melissa Krueger
- On Empty Nests, Christian Mommy Guilt, and Misplaced Identity - Jen Wilkin
- When Mommy Loves Jesus More- Emily Jensen (For The Church contributor)
- More From Risen Motherhood:
- Motherhood and the Gospel- RM Ep. 1
- Interview with Gloria Furman: Missional Motherhood - RM Ep. 32
- Interview with Jen Wilkin: Growing in God's Word as a Mom of Little Ones - RM Ep. 63
- Interview with Hannah Anderson: How Humility Nourishes a Weary Mom's Soul - RM Ep. 66
- Inductive Bible Study Tutorial and Printables - RM Equipping
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. These are huge for us! The more reviews, the greater chance another mother will find us.
- Like Risen Motherhood on Facebook and follow on Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates and related information.
- Let us know your thoughts! We'd love to hear more about the conversations you're having. Shoot us an email, or find us on on social media.
- Tell others. We truly hope this podcast fosters conversations and deeper discussions between mothers to seek the gospel in their daily activities - we'd be honored if you shared and encouraged others to listen in.
*Affiliate links used where appropriate. Thanks for supporting this ministry!