Regardless of how long it’s been since having a baby, we can easily tie too much self-worth to our external appearance. Our confidence can be sky high one morning when we see that “number we’ve been waiting for,” and drop to the ground when it we see a friend who looks better-than-before-baby. But what does the gospel say about how we should view our Mom Bods? In this special “welcome back” episode, newly postpartum moms Emily and Laura discuss common cultural mindsets about body image, encouraging themselves and others to believe the truths presented in scripture. God isn’t shaming our postpartum bodies, and we shouldn’t either.
Articles, Resources and Related Content:
- Humble Roots - Hannah Anderson
- The Kind of Weight that Matters - Gretchen Saffles (Well Watered Women)
- Exercise, Body Image, and God's Truth - Trillia Newbell, True Woman
- Is Body Image my Idol? - Ask Pastor John, Desiring God
- Five Lies About Your Body - Jen Wilkin
- Love To Eat, Hate To Eat - Interview series with Elyse Fitzpatrick on Revive Our Hearts
- A Living Sacrifice: The Beauty of a Body Broken for Others - Amanda Worthham
- As You Start That Diet: 3 Truths About Body Image - Kendra Dahl, TGC
- You Are Not What You Eat - Amie Patrick, TCG (video)
- The Created Co. - where the RM mugs are from!
More From Risen Motherhood:
- Post Partum Body Image - RM Ep. 3
- Interview with Hannah Anderson-How Humility Nourishes as Weary Mom's Soul - RM Ep. 66
- Top Knots & Leggings: What Difference Does A Momiform Make? - Ep. 8
- Why You Don't Have To Love Your Postpartum Body - RM Blog
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. These are huge for us! The more reviews, the greater chance another mother will find us.
- Like Risen Motherhood on Facebook and follow on Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates and related information.
- Let us know your thoughts! We'd love to hear more about the conversations you're having. Shoot us an email, or find us on on social media.
- Tell others. We truly hope this podcast fosters conversations and deeper discussions between mothers to seek the gospel in their daily activities - we'd be honored if you shared and encouraged others to listen in.
*Affiliate links used where appropriate. Thanks for supporting this ministry!