In the little years, it’s easy to grow weary from sowing seeds without seeing much fruit. When the discouragement bears down, we wonder, “Does this even matter? Would another investment be more worthwhile?” In this episode, Ruth Chou Simons, author, artist and founder of Gracelaced, pours out gospel-rich wisdom from her years of parenting six boys. She discusses how she manages her dreams and motherhood, how she keeps her priorities straight with a blooming business, and offers practical wisdom for a busy mom to grow in her relationship with God. Through years of humble faithfulness, a mom can hope in Christ, even when she can’t see the outcome of her story.
Articles, Resources and Related Content:
- Gracelaced Book – Ruth’s new book including beautiful artwork & devotionals*
- Gracelaced Journal – Includes 8 pieces of art by Ruth & inviting journal to use*
- Gracelaced.com - Ruth Chou Simons’ website
- Gracelaced on Instagram – Follow Ruth on Instagram
- Each Person Has Their Own Story Quote - The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis
- When Dreams Don’t Come True, and Even When They Do – Ruth Chou Simons (Gracelaced)
- Dear Mom Who Refuses to Rest – Ruth Chou Simons (Gracelace)
- Creatives: 4 Things to Consider as You Pursue a Dream – Ruth Chou Simons (Gracelaced)
- Women, Work, and Our Crisis of Identity – Carolyn McCulley (Desiring God)
- Will You Still Work When the Baby is Born? – Macy English (The Gospel Coalition)
- Stay-at-Home Mom and Career Mom: You Were Made for Something Greater – Jasmine L Holmes
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. These are huge for us! The more reviews, the greater chance another mother will find us.
- Like Risen Motherhood on Facebook and follow on Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates and related information.
- Let us know your thoughts! We'd love to hear more about the conversations you're having. Shoot us an email, or find us on social media.
- Tell others. We truly hope this podcast fosters conversations and deeper discussions between mothers to seek the gospel in their daily activities - we'd be honored if you shared and encouraged others to listen in.
*Affiliate links used where appropriate. Thanks for supporting this ministry!