Is there hope for developing a personal understanding of the bible in the season of young children? In this special interview, author and bible teacher, Jen Wilkin, shares her passion for biblical literacy, encouraging moms to stay committed to gaining a firsthand knowledge of their sacred text. Jen also gives practical examples of what this might look like, offering encouragement to set aside larger blocks of time, get involved in a structured study with accountability, and consistently consume the word whenever and wherever you can. If you haven't been sure about how an understanding of scripture impacts your spiritual life or your role as a mom, you'll be so challenged and encouraged by this interview!
More From Jen Wilkin
- Women of the Word: How to Study the Bible With Both Our Hearts and Minds
- None Like Him: 10 Ways God is Different From Us (And Why That's a Good Thing)
- The Sermon on the Mount
- 1 Peter: A Living Hope in Christ
- Listen to Jen's Weekly Bible Study teaching at her church
Favorite Articles, Videos & Resources:
- Jen's Blog - lots of wonderful posts here
- How to Raise an Alien Child - a must watch for moms!
- Find out what's on Jen's bookshelf
- Wondering how to organize a women's bible study that's helpful for moms of young children? Jen on "Help Me Teach the Bible" with Nancy Guthrie
- How Your Quiet Time Should Change You
- Biblical Literacy for All: A Conversation With Jen Wilkin
- Your Child is Your Neighbor
- How do Busy Women Serve in Women's Ministry?
- Practical Tools for Studying and Teaching the Word - Jen Wilkin at Revive '15
- Why Your Theology Matters in Motherhood
- When Quiet Times Aren't Quiet: How Moms Make Time to Study God's Word (RM Ep. 15)
- RM Spiritual Growth Resources
- RM Tools for Bible Study
- Free Resources for Inductive Bible Study
- 3 Tips on How to Read the Bible When you Have Young Children - Lauren Washer
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. These are huge for us! The more reviews, the greater chance another mother will find us.
- Like Risen Motherhood on Facebook and follow on Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates and related information.
- Let us know your thoughts! We'd love to hear more about the conversations you're having. Shoot us an email, or find us on on social media.
- Tell others. We truly hope this podcast fosters conversations and deeper discussions between mothers to seek the gospel in their daily activities - we'd be honored if you shared and encouraged others to listen in.
*Affiliate links used where appropriate. Thanks for supporting this ministry!