What does a mom do at the beginning of an unknown journey with a child who doesn’t seem to fit the mold? Whether it’s food allergies, therapy needs, medical concerns, hearing/vision impairments, challenging behaviors or something else; the differences can feel scary and isolating. How can a mom apply the truth of the gospel when she’s not even sure what she’s dealing with? In this episode, Emily and Laura discuss their own personal experiences with kids who don’t fit the mold, and offer encouragement rooted in an unchanging hope available in Christ. In him, we can be confident that all things are for our good and God’s glory.
Articles, Resources and Related Content:
- No Matter What Happens- Emily Jensen (contributor at For The Church)
- Though You Slay Me - song by Shane and Shane
- Different: The Story of an Outside-the-Box Kid and the Mom Who Loved Him - Sally Clarkson
- Battling the Bitterness of Parenting a Disabled Child- Christine Hoover (Desiring God)
- Disability and the Sovereign Goodness of God - free pdf download (John Piper)
- Hope and Stay - Abigail Dodds' blog with lots of resources on special needs
- Grace quote from Kathy Keller - The Gospel Coalition Instagram feed
More From Risen Motherhood:
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. These are huge for us! The more reviews, the greater chance another mother will find us.
- Like Risen Motherhood on Facebook and follow on Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates and related information.
- Let us know your thoughts! We'd love to hear more about the conversations you're having. Shoot us an email, or find us on on social media.
- Tell others. We truly hope this podcast fosters conversations and deeper discussions between mothers to seek the gospel in their daily activities - we'd be honored if you shared and encouraged others to listen in.
*Affiliate links used where appropriate. Thanks for supporting this ministry!