When schedules are full and urgent needs abound, it's a struggle to run to God in prayer. We are hindered by distractions, unrealistic expectations, and even guilt, because we haven't already gone to our Father with our needs. In this episode, Valerie Woerner, joins Emily and Laura in a conversation about how moms can intentionally rely on God through prayer in each season. Valerie is a wife and mom herself, and is the founder of Val Marie Paper, which she started with a heart to provide women with practical tools for consistent prayer. If you are a mom hoping to be refreshed with gospel-truth and practical ideas for prayer, we know you'll be encouraged by this interview!
More from Valerie Woerner:
- Val Marie Paper
- Women's Undated Prayer Journal (as mentioned on the show by Laura & Emily)
- House Prayers + Free Printable Worksheets - Resource from Val for intentional prayer in different rooms of your house
- Checkout Val's Blog Archive on the topic of Prayer for more great articles!
- New Morning Mercies - Paul David Tripp (Devotional mentioned by Val on the show)
- E.M. Bounds on Prayer - Book mentioned by Val on the show
- Breathe Study: 40 Days on Prayer - Life Lived Beautifully
Other Articles & Resources:
- Praying the Bible - Donald Whitney
- Prayer - Tim Keller
- 10 Questions on Prayer with Tim Keller
- Praying the Bible - Video Series (5 parts) with Donald Whitney
- The Lord's Prayer - Audio series by Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth
- 31 Biblical Virtues to Pray for Your Children - Free printable (could tuck in your bible or hang next to your rocking chair!)
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. These are huge for us! The more reviews, the greater chance another mother will find us.
- Like Risen Motherhood on Facebook and follow on Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates and related information.
- Let us know your thoughts! We'd love to hear more about the conversations you're having. Shoot us an email, or find us on on social media.
- Tell others. We truly hope this podcast fosters conversations and deeper discussions between mothers to seek the gospel in their daily activities - we'd be honored if you shared and encouraged others to listen in.
*Affiliate links used where appropriate - thanks for supporting this ministry!